Olive oil is a vegetable oil that is extracted from the fruit collected from the olive tree called olive or olive. Why is this ingredient so named? We explain it to you.
NUTRITIONAL PROPERTIES OF OLIVE OIL
1. Olive oil is composed of 97% triglycerides and free fatty acids. The main fatty acid is oleic acid, and palmitic acid, among others. To a lesser extent, we find polyunsaturated acids, mainly linoleic.
2. The concentration of oleic acid will depend to a great extent on the variety of olive used, the way it was processed and the storage procedures. There are currently four types of classifications:
Extra virgin olive
oil Virgin olive oil
Olive pomace oil
BENEFITS OF OLIVE OIL FOR YOUR HEALTH
3. Olive oil helps you complement the balanced diet of the whole family. And although its energy intake is considerable, its consumption should be taken care of, especially if it is taking care of body weight.
4. This oil provides fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K), which translates into better absorption of some minerals such as calcium.
5. One of the most recognized benefits of olive oil is its great digestive effect.
6. The polyphenols contained in olive oil have an antioxidant effect, which is why they help to delay premature aging and reduce the damage that free radicals cause on the cells of the body.
7. Olive oil helps balance blood cholesterol levels and raise good HDL cholesterol.
8. Thanks to its omega-3 content, this oil could help prevent macular degeneration, protecting the sense of sight.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR BEAUTY
9. The consumption of olive oil hydrates the skin, preventing the premature appearance of wrinkles.
10. Nourishes the hair, making it shine, improves its elasticity and makes it grow stronger and healthier.
THE BEST WAY TO CONSUME OLIVE OIL
It is recommended to use raw extra virgin olive oil as a dressing in dishes or salads. It should preferably be stored in glass or stainless-steel containers in cool and dark places, away from intense aromas, as it tends to absorb odors very easily.
Its expiration date after packaging is around a year so it is not suggested to consume it afterwards because, in addition to its flavor changes, its properties decrease.
TRY THIS RICH RECIPE WITH OLIVE OIL
3 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Parsley, chives, garlic, and pickle to taste
Finely chop the chives, parsley, garlic, and pickle. Place the above in a container and add the olive oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper. Stir well to integrate all the ingredients. Clever! Add as a topping.